Monday, November 8, 2010

Stuff

Following a discussion with a couple of friends last night, I've decided it's time to purge some stuff from my house.  Normally, I would be more of the your-stuff-is-shit-but-my-shit-is-stuff philosophy (see Carlin video below).  But lately I've been thinking my stuff is shit, too.  

I'm on stuff overload.  So I posed to my friends that we do a daily, or at least weekly, update amongst ourselves to motivate and challenge each other.  Maybe set 15 minutes per day as our cleaning/purging goal.  And now I've decided to blog about it.  At least for today.  We'll see if I can keep it up.  If I have to sacrifice the blogging time in order to fulfill the purging/cleaning time, so be it.

Here's what I'm going to do tonight:
1. Get a big box and sit it in the hallway outside my bedroom.
2. Cull at least 5 items from my bedroom (closet, nightstand, jewelry box, etc).
3. Wish the big oafish dog would fit in the box.
4. Change my HVAC filter.

Tomorrow:
1. Brag about it, or lament laziness/inability to find 15 minutes.  Try to be honest.
2. Set new goal.

Want to join us?  The more people to motivate/guilt, the better!


No comments: