Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Junk Jettison: Day 8

Clean for tomorrow night's guests.  The Yes Virginias are coming to my house to rehearse, so I had to make room amidst all my junk.  In order for us to have room to set up, I had to clean the downstairs (enclosed carport) room, a.k.a. The Dog Den.  Maybe I should say "rearrange" since it will never be clean as long as the dogs have their way.  And they have us outnumbered.


Here's what I had to do:
-Disassemble the dog crate the Big Oaf hasn't been able to fit into for a year.
-Group the miscellaneous extra lawnmower parts together and stow under the shelving unit until I might need them.
-Put away/throw away the box of stuff we cleaned out of the car 10 months ago.
-Wash dog blanket, dog curtains, dog door mat, dog placemat.  See a pattern here?  Dirty bastards.  I love them.
-Break down boxes to be recycled/composted.
-Move treadmill.
-Move clothes rack.  Currently used for anti-cat plant rack.  Which, of course, fails miserably.  How is it that a fat, lazy cat, who can hardly hurl her bulk over a 2' baby gate without hitting the top, can somehow gain access to a shelf that's at least 5' tall?  And then proceed to eat something she'll inevitably retch up later?  Did it taste good?  Or is it just the lure of forbidden fruit?  Cats.
-Move empty plastic storage boxes awaiting junk for the yardsale.
-Move weedeater.
-Clean dog card table.  (Yeah, I wish they all sat around it, playing poker.  At least then they would make me money, instead of the opposite.)  It's actually the guard tower for Sassafras.  She jumps on top to look out the window and bark at anything that moves.


The room looks pretty good now.  Not to an outsider, I'm sure, but noticeably better.  And I feel accomplished.  We should have guests more often.


Day 9 Goals:
Realistically, not much, since I'll be rehearsing tonight.  Maybe clean the kitchen, post dinner/rehearsal.

1 comment:

Alice Barr said...

Good for you Lisa! I always clean better for "company" too.