Monday, November 15, 2010

Junk Jettison: Days 4-7

Day 4:
1. Prep some food for the remainder of the week and clean 3 things out of the refrigerator while I'm working on the food.   Made chicken and dumplings for the first time ever.  Now I know why Grandma didn't make them as often as I wanted... they're a LOT of work.  But totally worth it.  The C&D satisfied my comfort food craving on a chilly night and brought back fond memories of time spent in the kitchen with my grandma and cousin.  I also roasted bones for beef stock and got that going in the crockpot, made cornbread, zucchini olive breakfast bread, and chicken salad.  Off to a good start for the weekend's food.
2. Find a better home for junk piling up on catchall table.  Nope.
3. Clean dining room table, which is also beginning to look like catchall table.  Nope.
4. Give dogs overdue heartworm preventive.  Didn't even do this.

Day 5:
This was a Friday.  After work, I attended a friend's book reading, then Christian took me out for a sushi dinner as advance payment for helping him film a wedding tomorrow.  Upon returning home, promptly fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie.

Day 6:
Saturday.  Washed two loads of clothes before leaving to help Christian with the wedding.  At wedding from 1 p.m. until 9 p.m., so you know I didn't do anything when I got home besides peel off my wet clothes (rainy outdoor wedding) and go to bed.

However, kudos to co-challenger Amy, who cleaned out a bunch of stuff, including some HUGE 80's eyeglasses.
SEXY!  Not sure these will sell at the yard sale.  Think the Lion's Club will take them? 

Co-challenger Kerry also made weekend progress cleaning clothes out of her closet and organizing all her seed packets for next year's garden.  Woo hoo!!!

Day 7:
On Sunday, I began to tackle the catchall table.  I finally realized why this particular project overwhelms me so much - none of this stuff has a place it "belongs".  I just walk around in circles thinking about where to put it.  Ultimately, I need an organizer box or small secretary/writing desk to hold the important stuff like bills, envelopes, stamps, pens, phone chargers, etc.  Would love to be able to stow a small wastebasket and shredder in there, too, so everything could be centralized.

Day 8 Goals:
Clean for tomorrow night's guests.

No comments: