Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Junk Jettison: Day 1

The Junk Jettison actually began yesterday, but I didn't start the ticker then, so I'm calling today #1.  Miriam Webster says jettison (v.) means to get rid of as superfluous or encumbering.  I plan to unencumber myself of some superfluous shit!

I did great last night!  (lie)  I actually fell asleep on the couch after a round of grocery shopping (ugh) and dinner (yum), courtesy of my hub.  So, determined not to fall behind, I did my stuff this morning.  Proposed activities are in italics, followed by actual results:

1. Get a big box and sit it in the hallway outside my bedroom.   Who needs a box junking up the hallway, creating marital friction when the hub stubs his toe on it?  I found a junk duffel bag in my closet and just started filling it.
2. Cull at least 5 items from my bedroom.  Done, plus more!  Just from the organizer on the door of my closet, I cleaned 5 purses, 3 belts and a toiletry kit.  Woo hoo!
3. Wish the big oafish dog would fit in the box.  No box.  Decided parts of the big oafish dog would fit in the duffel bag.  Had a little daydream about that.  Particularly about starting with the whacking tail.  There would be plenty of room for that.  Oh well (sigh).  
4. Change my HVAC filter.  Done.  So much fur I could knit a blanket.  But I already have too many blankets.

Day 2 Goals:

1. Clean out the top shelf in my closet.
2. Do some shredding that's been piling up.

No comments: