Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Great Bathroom Remo Pt. 2



Otherwise known as "The Tetris Challenge". I'll save you the boring photos of the new sub-floor installation, mostly because I was too bored to take them. (I would like to take this time to thank my employers at The Plein Air neighborhood for giving me all the scrap travertine tile being thrown away post-construction. Without you, our floors would not look nearly as nice.) Anyway...here was our process: completely lay out the floor design using randomly sized tiles, with the greatest effort being placed on minimizing tile saw cuts. (Now I have to thank my dear friend Deirdre for loaning us the tile saw and thus saving us the purchase price, or astronomical rental fees, due to the length of time it has taken us to complete this project.) Pt. 2 here was completed December 25-30, 2008. We think this step turned out nicely, especially since we are tiling virgins, and I don't even remember ever playing Tetris. To be continued...

2 comments:

Mason Family said...

That is one good looking bathroom. Well done.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Robert. Wait until you see the REALLY good pics.